В первой части IELTS General бывает несколько видов писем. Официальное письмо-жалоба уже есть на сайте — алгоритм, пример и сами задания. Ниже вы увидите задания для работы над письмом близкому человеку, чаще другу. В таких письмах, как правило, нужно:
- попросить/ дать совет,
- описать событие (в своей жизни).
Сейчас я просто привожу задания, которые основаны на тестах IELTS 7-17. В следующем посте я распишу алгоритм работы над самим текстом.
1. A friend from another country is moving to your city for work. He/ she has asked you for advice about living in your city.
Write a letter to your friend. In your letter:
- suggest an interesting part of the city to live in
- describe the public transport in your city
- say how your friend can meet people there.
2. You recently borrowed an item of clothing from a friend. While you had this item, it was damaged. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter you should:
- apologise for damaging the item of clothing
- explain how it became damaged
- say what you will do to fix the problem.
3. You are going to another country to study. You would like to do a part-time job while you are studying, so you want to ask a friend who lives there for help. Write a letter to this friend. In your letter:
- give details of your study plans
- explain why you want to get a part-time job
- suggest how your friend could help find a job.
4. A friend of yours is thinking of going on a camping holiday for the first time this summer. He/ She has asked for your advice. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter:
- explain why you think your friend would enjoy a camping holiday
- describe some possible disadvantages
- say whether you would like to go camping with your friend this summer.
5. A friend of yours is thinking about applying for the same course that you did at university. He/She has asked for your advice about studying this subject. Write a letter to your friend. In you letter:
- give details of the course you took at the university
- explain why you recommend the university
- give some advice about how to apply.
6. You have recently moved to a different house. Write a letter to an English-speaking friend. In your letter:
- explain why you have moved
- describe the new house
- invite your friend to come and visit.
7. Your friend has been offered a place on a course at the university where you studied. He/She would like your advice about finding a place to live. Write an email to your friend. In your email:
- describe where you lived when you were a student at the university
- recommend the best way for him/ her to look for accommodation
- warn him/ her of mistakes students make when choosing accommodation.
8. You recently received a letter from a friend asking for advice about whether to go to college or to try to get a job. You think he/ she should get a job. Write a letter to this friend. In your letter:
- say why he /she would not enjoy going to college
- explain why getting a job is a good job for him/her
- suggest yes of job that would be suitable for him/ her.
9. A friend you made while you were studying abroad has written to ask you for help in finding a job in your country. You have heard about a job in a local company that might be suitable for him/ her. Write a letter to this friend. In your letter:
- tell your friend about the job and what sort of work it involves
- say why you think the job would be suitable for him/ her
- explain how to apply for the job.
10. Your English-speaking friend who lives in your town has asked for your advice about learning a new sport.
Write an email to your friend. In your email:
- recommend a new sport that would be suitable for your friend to learn
- explain how your friend could learn this sport
- suggest that you both learn this sport together.
11. The parents of your Australian friend Chris have invited you to a surprise birthday party for him /her: Write a letter to Chris’s parents. In your letter:
- say why you think Chris will enjoy the surprise party
- explain why you won’t be able to attend the party
- give details of a plan to see Christ at a different time.
Пост — Екатерина Зубкова, фото — Unsplash.